Depositing checks into your checking account is now as simple as taking a picture with your smart device from anywhere, at any time.
All you need to begin using Mobile Deposit is:
- A Commercial Bank checking account
- A smart device with picture taking ability (iPad, iPhone, or Android)
- The newest version of Commercial Bank’s Mobile App
- To be enrolled in Mobile Banking
Log in to your Mobile Banking account in the App to make a deposit:
- Endorse the back of the check with “For Mobile Deposit Only,” your signature and account number. (If it’s a business, endorse the back of the check with “For Mobile Deposit Only,” business name and account number.)
- Click on Deposits and Deposit Check.
- Select the account you wish to deposit the check into (checking only).
- Enter the exact dollar amount of the check.
- Click on Check Front. Place the check on a flat surface, hold the device’s camera about chest high, and snap your picture.
- Click on Check Back. Place the check on a flat surface, hold the device’s camera about chest high, and snap your picture.
- Click on Make Deposit.
*If the check is not endorsed, the deposit will not be submitted. You will receive an error message and will then need to retake a photo of the back of the check, once endorsed, to make the deposit.
**If the incorrect amount is entered, a Commercial Bank representative will contact you to let you know we were unable to process your deposit. You must then present the item at the Bank for deposit.
***If you get an error message, you may need to adjust the lighting where you are taking the photo, the distance between check and your mobile device, or verify the item is not wrinkled, torn and that all of the vital parts of a check are present.